Freelancing is a great way to have the flexibility to work when and where you want, and to choose the projects that you’re passionate about. But with so many freelance platforms out there, it can be tough to know where to start.
Many freelance platforms are cluttered and confusing, with too many job postings and too little information about the clients. It can be hard to stand out from the competition and find work that’s a good fit for your skills and experience.
In this article, we’ll recommend the best freelance platforms for finding work in 2023. We’ll also provide tips on how to choose the right platform for you and how to create a profile that will help you land your dream freelance job.
We did extensive research on the most popular freelance platforms, including Upwork, Fiverr, Toptal, Freelancer.com, and LinkedIn. We also read reviews from freelancers to get their insights on the best platforms to use.
Here are some of the best freelance platforms for finding work in 2023
- Upwork: Upwork is one of the largest and most popular freelance platforms, with over 18 million freelancers and 5 million clients. It offers a wide variety of freelance jobs, from writing and editing to design and development.
- Fiverr: Fiverr is a freelance platform where freelancers offer their services in the form of “gigs,” which are typically priced at $5 or more. Fiverr is a good option for freelancers who want to offer specific services, such as writing a blog post or designing a logo.
- Toptal: Toptal is a freelance platform that connects businesses with top freelance talent. Toptal is a good option for freelancers who have highly specialized skills and experience.
- Guru: Guru is a freelance platform that offers a variety of features, including a job board, a bidding system, and a project management tool. Guru is a good option for freelancers who want to have more control over their work.
- PeoplePerHour: PeoplePerHour is a freelance platform that focuses on the UK market. It offers a variety of freelance jobs, from writing and editing to design and development.
- Flexjobs: Flexjobs is a freelance platform that specializes in remote jobs. It offers a variety of freelance jobs, from writing and editing to design and development.
- Freelancer.com: Freelancer.com is another large freelance platform with a wide range of job postings. Freelancer.com is a good option for freelancers of all skill levels, but it can also be competitive to land jobs on the platform.
- LinkedIn: LinkedIn is a social media platform for professionals, but it’s also a great place to find freelance work. LinkedIn has a job board where companies post freelance openings. You can also use LinkedIn to network with other freelancers and potential clients.
In addition to these general freelance platforms, there are also a number of niche freelance platforms that focus on specific industries or skills. For example, there are freelance platforms for writers, designers, developers, and more.
Here are a few examples of niche freelance platforms
- Codeable: Codeable is a freelance platform for software development.
- SolidGigs: SolidGigs is a freelance platform for software development and design.
- WriterAccess: WriterAccess is a freelance platform for writing and editing.
- ProBlogger: ProBlogger is a freelance platform for writing.
- UpCounsel: UpCounsel is a freelance platform for legal services.
- Clarity: Clarity is a freelance platform for one-on-one consulting.
The best freelance platform for you will depend on your skills, experience, and budget. If you’re a highly skilled and experienced freelancer, Toptal is a good option to consider. If you’re looking for a freelance platform with a wide range of job postings, Upwork or Freelancer.com are good options. If you’re just starting out, Fiverr is a good option to consider.
Here are a few tips for finding freelance work
- Build a strong portfolio. Your portfolio is your chance to showcase your skills and experience to potential clients. Make sure your portfolio is well-organized and easy to navigate, and include your best work.
- Create a professional profile. Your profile is your online resume, so make sure it is well-written and informative. Include your skills, experience, and rates.
- Network with other freelancers and potential clients. Attend industry events, join online forums and communities, and reach out to people you admire. The more people you know, the more likely you are to hear about new opportunities.
- Be patient and persistent. It takes time to build a successful freelance career. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t find work right away. Keep submitting proposals and networking, and eventually you will find the right clients.
Once you’ve chosen a freelance platform, be sure to take the time to create a strong profile. Highlight your skills and experience, and include a portfolio of your work. You should also write a clear and concise profile description that explains what you do and who you’re looking to work with.
Freelancing is a great way to have the flexibility to work when and where you want, and to choose the projects that you’re passionate about. By choosing the right freelance platform and creating a strong profile, you can increase your chances of landing your dream freelance job.