Cybersecurity is one of the most important and fastest-growing industries in the world. With the increasing reliance on technology, businesses and individuals are more vulnerable to cyberattacks than ever before. This has led to a high demand for cybersecurity professionals, and the job market is expected to grow by 33% by 2030.
- Free online courses are a great way to learn about cybersecurity, especially if you are on a budget. Here are some of the best free online courses to learn about cybersecurity::
Top Companies Hiring Cyber Security Jobs, Salary, Certificate Requirements
|Top Companies||Jobs||Salary||Certificate Need|
|Security Engineer||$120,000-$150,000||CISSP, CISM, Security+|
|Amazon||Cyber Security Analyst||$100,000-$130,000||CISSP, Security+, CEH|
|Microsoft||Security Operations Center Analyst||$80,000-$100,000||Security+, CCNA|
|IBM||Security Consultant||$110,000-$140,000||CISSP, CISM, Security+|
|Deloitte||Cyber Security Risk Advisor||$90,000-$110,000||CISA, CISM, Security+|
|PwC||Cyber Security Analyst||$80,000-$100,000||Security+, CCNA|
|EY||Cyber Security Consultant||$90,000-$110,000||CISSP, CISM, Security+|
|KPMG||Cyber Security Risk Advisor||$90,000-$110,000||CISA, CISM, Security+|
|Cisco||Security Systems Engineer||$100,000-$130,000||CCNP Security, CCIE Security|
|Palo Alto Networks||Security Engineer||$110,000-$140,000||PCNSE, PCNSE+|
|Fortinet||Security Engineer||$100,000-$130,000||NSE 4, NSE 7|
- CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
- CISM (Certified Information Security Manager)
- CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker)
- CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)
- CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor)
- CCNP Security (Cisco Certified Network Professional Security)
- CCIE Security (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert Security)
- PCNSE (Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer)
- PCNSE+ (Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer Plus)
- NSE 4 (Fortinet Network Security Expert 4)
- NSE 7 (Fortinet Network Security Expert 7)
Tips for Getting a Cyber Security Job:
- Get a relevant education, such as a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information security, or a related field.
- Earn relevant certifications, such as the CISSP, CISM, or Security+.
- Gain experience in cyber security through internships, volunteer work, or entry-level jobs.
- Network with other cyber security professionals.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest cyber security news and trends.
Here is a list of the best free online courses to learn about cybersecurity:
|1||Cyber Security Course Training For Beginners 2023||Simplilearn-YouTube||3.43M subscribers||Free|
|2||Cyber Security Full course – 11 Hours||Edureka-YouTube||3.88M subscribers||Free|
|3||Ethical Hacking Full Course with Real Practicals [13 Hours]||WsCube Tech||2.9M subscribers||Free|
|4||Introduction to Cybersecurity||Coursera||4.8 stars||Free|
|5||Cybersecurity for Everyone||University of Maryland, College Park||4.7 stars||Free|
|6||Foundations of Cybersecurity||4.6 stars||Free|
|7||Python for Cybersecurity||Infosec||4.5 stars||Free|
|8||Empower everyone to be a cybersecurity champion||Microsoft||4.4 stars||Free|
|9||How to remain safe and secure on the internet||Udemy||4.3 stars||Free|
|10||The Information Security Big Picture||Pluralsight||4.2 stars||Free|
|11||Cyber Security – Technology and Governance Specialization||University of London||4.0 stars||Free|
|12||Ethical Hacking for beginners: Beginner to Advance||Udemy||3.9 stars||Free|
Free online courses are a great way to learn about cybersecurity, especially if you are on a budget. However, it is important to keep in mind that these courses are typically self-paced and do not provide any hands-on experience. If you are serious about pursuing a career in cybersecurity, it is recommended that you also complete a cybersecurity bootcamp or certification program.
If you are interested in learning about cybersecurity, I encourage you to check out the free online courses listed above. These courses can provide you with a solid foundation in cybersecurity concepts and skills.
Thanks: Image by Freepik